India Updates Tourist Visas and Requirements as it Reopens
The Government of India has decided to issue fresh tourist visas with effect for group tourism and from November 15, 2021 for individual travel.
In this context, the following may be noted:
- All foreign nationals intending to visit India for tourism will be allowed to enter India on e-Tourist Visa/regular paper Tourist Visa through chartered flights (for group tourism only) with effect from October 15, 2021.
- All foreign nationals intending to visit India for individual tourism purposes will be permitted to enter India on e-Tourist Visa/regular paper Tourist Visa with effect from November 15, 2021. Such travel will be allowed through Vande Bharat Mission, Air Bubble Scheme or by any scheduled/non-scheduled commercial flight allowed by the Indian Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- Foreign nationals will not be allowed to enter India through land routes on e-Tourist Visa/regular paper Tourist Visa.
- A Single Entry e-Tourist Visa/regular paper Tourist Visa valid for a stay of up to 30 days will be issued, which will have to be utilized within a period of 120 days from the date of issue. This visa will be issued on a gratis basis for a limited time once to each applicant.
- It may be noted that existing valid e-Tourist Visa/regular paper Tourist Visa issued before October 6, 2021 will continue to remain suspended and travel on such visas is not permitted.
- The process of obtaining e-Tourist Visa/Regular Tourist Visa may be accessed at the following links:
- Applicants are also advised to go through the guidelines for international travel to India available at www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/Guidelinesforinternationalarrivals17022021.pdf.
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2021